You can hardly turn on the news these days without hearing about the current measles outbreak in several states, and vaccination issues. The energetic field of the topic has expanded by leaps and bounds. I believe a large slice of the expansion has to do with fear.
I have to say at the outset that I am a trained and practicing homeopath (DIHom from the British Institute of Homeopathy), I have two grown children who, in their lifetime, received one round of vaccinations, after which I discontinued the practice, and I have definite opinions about the validity and efficacy of modern vaccinations.
Knowledge is power, and good information is the foundation for making good decisions.
I would like to introduce you to a book I’m reading: The Solution, Homeoprophylaxsis: The Vaccine Alternative (A Parent’s Guide to Educating Your Child’s Immune System), by Kate Birch and Cilla Whatcott.
Here is an outline of the book’s contents:
– Explanation of infectious disease and overview of the immune system, its development, and the beneficial role of fevers
– Introduction and overview of homeoprophylaxis (HP) as an alternative to vaccination for preventing infectious contagious disease
– Questions and answers on HP
– Discussion of how HP effectively stimulates the immune system towards immunity without the side-effects caused by vaccines and captures the benefits of acute disease without the attendant suffering
– Discussions on the method and problems of vaccination
– Overview of clinical findings and access to HP
– A reference of acute disease and related remedies to sixteen commonly-vaccinated-against diseases and five tropical diseases (for those that wish to travel)
– Comparing and contrasting HP with the current methodology of vaccination
I have several books on the subject of vaccination written by reputable Homeopaths. All of them are packed away now until our hew house is ready to receive them. So if you have questions, please make your own inquiry. We do have options now – State laws vary. To find out where your State stands in relation to vaccines, visit The National Vaccine Information Center’s website. Their NVIC Advocacy Portal has detailed information on pending and current legislative stances regarding vaccination.
Here are some links to information:
– Author, Kate Birch’s website
– The Vaccine Alternative: A Film About Homeoprophylaxis
– The Vaccine Guide: Risks and Benefits for Children and Adults, by Dr. Randall Neustaedter
– An excerpt from Dr. Neustaedter’s book on diseases and associated vaccines
The current climate provides us all with an opportunity to dig further into issues now presenting; to edify ourselves and not take everything we hear in newspapers or on the evening news at face value. There’s more to the story!
Note: The featured image for this post comes from a website called Live Renewed. The article containing the image is titled Vaccinating My Child: 15 Reasons I’m Looking for Middle Ground. Click here to read it.
Read about the authors of The Solution:
Kate Birch is a board certified classical homeopath, registered with the North American Society of Homeopaths. She has been in private practice, currently in Minneapolis, Minnesota, since 1994. She lectures locally and internationally on the use of homeopathy for infectious disease prevention and treatment. Her practice specializes in pediatrics. She works with families who have not vaccinated in keeping their children healthy, and supporting the immune system through its natural development and with children who have suffered from vaccine injury, or other developmental concerns. She has two grown children, and she loves to travel and meet people from all over the world. Cilla Whatcott is a board certified classical homeopath and a graduate of Northwestern Academy of Homeopathy. She holds a bachelors degree from Arizona State University and has a private homeopathic practice in Chaska, Minnesota. Cilla teaches classes in homeopathy at Normandale Community College and is certified in CEASE therapy for clearing vaccine damage. She’s a member of the National Center for Homeopathy and the Minnesota Homeopathic Association. She is the co-author of “The Solution Homeoprophylaxis: The Vaccine Alternative” with friend and colleague Kate Birch.